Friday, December 20, 2013

You Get What You Pay For

Like us on Facebook
Twit with us on Twitter
Pin with us on Pinterest


I consider myself to be a professional photographer. Meaning, I can take pictures and I can get them to consistently "turn out well." People hire my services to make them look good, or to have a "nice" picture of their child. I believe that with photography, along with other services, that you get what you pay for.

So why didn't I go through my own lab to make professional photo jewelry?



Because it's expensive.
And Hobby Lobby has the stuff to do it, on your own.
And my printer prints nice pictures, and I have Photoshop, and I'm crafty,
                 
                                           and it's UNDENIABLY CHEAPER!!!!!

So. I did it. I bought the supplies, printed the picture, bought the picture punch so it's a nice neat circle, and MADE IT MYSELF.

Now my child's pictures and footprints will be forever affixed to that beautiful bezel. They turned out quite well (see picture below).

 Unfortunately it's completely unwearable, because I glued it to my desk.

But at least I saved money......sigh......

Customized photo jewelry

 And just so you know, they did not turn out well. There are air bubbles in the epoxy, the picture is discolored and clowdy. And did I mention it is GLUED TO MY DESK?!?!?!

So in honor of my EPIC DIY FAIL, I will have 20% off photo jewelry for the next 2 weeks.

Discount code is: epicdiyfail



No comments:

Post a Comment